Wednesday 31 July 2013

Today's Tuesday - Admiral's new decorations

Soooo as you may or may not know, over the weekend somebody decided it would be hilarious to plant 26 marijuana plants in a perfect row along the side of the street. I'll put the link to the Times Colonist article at the bottom of the post. Anyhoo, I think this is fantastic. Nobody knows who did it, when they did it, or why hey did it. All they know is some person (or people) planted 26 illegal plants in a perfectly straight line, at some point on the weekend. Now, let me put myself in the shoes of the planter for a minute. My motivation would be to see just how long I takes somebody to notice. And if I had time and money, I might even set up a hidden camera somewhere just to see what happens. It's possible they were trying to make a statement, maybe about legalizing pot or something, but I don't know... I think there are more effective ways to do that. Although, this story did make the news, and it's funny, and people tend to remember funny stuff, so maybe he planted seeds of thought as well as seeds of pot. I think it's good that they removed the plants, but don't think it's necessary for them to be destroyed. There are places, even within the city, that can use marijuana for medical purposes. I suppose it's possible that the plants do not meet requirements for that, but it sounds like they didn't even look into it. Maybe they just don't want to encourage more people to plant it in public places (or private, for that matter).

As promised, the link to the article:
http://www.timescolonist.com/marijuana-plants-found-growing-along-admirals-road-boulevard-1.564495

1 comment: