Friday 2 August 2013

Thoughtful Thursday - great minds

You know the saying "great minds think alike"? Well, I've been thinking about it, and I don't think it's true. If you look back at all the people considered to be "great minds" (Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Aristotle, etc.), you'll realize that they were the ones who had their own way of thinking. They did not think alike, and that's what made them great minds. For example, Einstein is known for his theory of relativity, and his "thought experiments" - which nobody else at the time did. His work with relativity was way outside the box of what the scientific community accepted as fact. I suppose in a way great minds do think alike, but only because they all think differently. Now, I'm not trying to belittle people who use that phrase, but I am challenging you to think about what you say, and consider whether it is actually true, and actually what you're trying to say. I'm not sure if my wording is very clear today... I'm a little tired, but I hope you get my meaning. Happy thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment