Sunday 25 August 2013

Whacky weekend - explanation

So, the reason Wednesday's post came today is the Internet was not working properly on Wednesday and I did not notice the lack of post until today when I saw it had failed to publish. As for yesterday's rant post, it does not exist because I was out of town for my cousin's wedding, and I did not want to rant during such a happy time. So, that is why things happened the way they did these last couple days. 

Now, even though it was a comment for Thursday's post and not last weekend's, I will still work with this suggestion because it was the only one....

"Ideas for weekend post: what is the difference between discipline and hard work? How can you use discipline and hard work to create new and different habits?" -Andrew Clark

To me, discipline is working on the right tasks, while working hard is about how you work on a task, whether its the right one or not. Example: discipline is doing homework instead of playing a game, and staying focused. You can work hard at playing that game, or you can work hard at homework. Both are very possible, but having discipline means you will chose the homework, no matter how badly you want to play that game. You can also have discipline without hard work. When you do the homework, but only half-heartedly. Based on what I said about discipline, I think it is fairly self explanatory how to use it to create new and different habits. Keep yourself on the good habits instead of the bad. Homework instead of gaming. However, also based on what I said, hard work won't help you throw a bad habit. It will help you get better at the new habit when you do it, but without discipline the old habit will stick.

Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions for next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment